I am a parent of 12 years, so I must be old enough to know a thing or two about habits!
Of all the habits I’ve developed (some proudly and some not) these are 7 of saying I love you to your child that I find is so easy to do that it can be easily tried and be made into solid habits that works for you.
You can start your habit forming project today and develop …
1. The habit of saying “I love you” regularly
2. The habit of hugging longer than 5 seconds.
3. The habit of enjoying being close without talking for not lesser than 5 minutes and see what happens.
4. The habit of bring them stuff they like that cost you close to nothing.
5. The habit of pouring them a cup of water(or ribena) to drink when they are doing homework.
6. The habit of looking into their eyes & smile everytime you walk past.
7. The habit of regularly praying with them and for them.
Habit #1 says I love you for kids who’s love language is words
Habit #2 says I love you for kids who’s love language is touch
Habit #3 says I love you for kids who’s love language is time
Habit #4 says I love you for kids who’s love language is gifts
Habit #5 says I love you for kids who’s love language is service
Habit #6 says I love you, accepts you and you have my full approval
Habit #7 says I love you and I care that ‘God loves you’ too
Note: This works for your spouse too (except that 4 & 5 will cost just a little bit more).
What do you think? Any other good and easy habit forming ideas how to say I love you?